søndag 13. april 2014

15 weddingday tips ♥

Are you getting married?

Here are some tips you can take along for
the day and days befor =)

1.) Shoes
Dont go for high heels if you aint use to high heels. If you choose high heels anyways, pack a pretty pair of flats as well. ALWAYS make sure you have broken in your shoes befor the big day!!! Use the shoes for 2-3 hours a day for a couple of days, you can also put on pantyhose where you have dampened the feet and use in the shoes. Buy Compede bandaids and have ready. Antother smart thing is to use Compede stick. It is simply horrid to get blisters and be in pain on the day that is the biggest day of your life. I myself spent 2 weeks breaking in my shoes, and they kinda still hurt a little. I had bought some of those gelpads that you add in the front. Those pads helped me since I was not smart enough to think about bringing anything Compede =(

(Illustrationphoto from Abelone)

2.) Wetwipes
It is well smart to have a pack of wetwipes handy so you can wipe off your dress if you get it dirty. Have one of your bridesmaids keep a pack for you. There are small packages that fits nicely in a handbag =P I myself was not smart enough to think of anything like that, so I ended up with the stains of the welcomedrink on my dress =/ Nice pinky orange stains. So we had to run around to find tissues to wipe it with. Another thing is if it is muddy outside the church then you can wipe of the mud on the bottom of your dress so it is nice and clean befor walking down the isle. But ALWAYS makes sure the dress fabric agrees with wetwipes =)

3.) Toiletthelp =P
Have someone help you when you need to go =P For some it might be easiest to actually remove the dress. So then it can be handy to have a undress and redress help. If one decides to remove the dress it will make it easier to keep for staining it. I myself had a dress that allowed for just holdinghelp =P Mighty happy I had my sister as my maid of honor.


4.) Hair and makeup
Make sure to get hair and makeup trials. It is important you are 100% pleased on your big day. I myself only had a hair trial. Cause I have issues that made the hair my most important thing. And my hairdresser did both my hair and makeup, and I knew her well so I felt sure she would do what was best for me =) I as well had my sister with me who I would say almost knows me better than I do =P


5.) Make sure to have enough time!!!
Dont wait until the last minute. It will only stress you. The bride is suppose to arrive a little late =) But if you think it will take 3 hours, set 4 or 5 hours to make sure =) Are you running late, dont stress. He cant get married without you =P I ran late from the hairdresser and I could really feel that I was stressed when we walked down the isle. I look kinda mad-ish when I am stressed =P


6.) Something will go wrong =P
It is just a fact of life. You work so hard for it to be perfect. But I think we all need to know there is no such thing as perfect =P Like for us, our wedding dance got cut short...hehehe A really good friend of ours was gonna be the one to change the song when it was done but he got a little eager and changed it too soon. Something my husband really loved =P


7.) The bouquet
Hold your bouquet low. Holding it too high will only make you look tence. Get the bouquet down and lower your shoulders. If you have to hold it with both hands then get your dad to hold your arm instead of you holding his =) I myself was so stressed I held it almost up to my face =/ But at least I held it out to the side =P Had I gotten it lower one would have seen my dress better. But as I said in last point something will go wrong, and also here it went wrong for me. I even had the paper around the bouquet when I walked down the isle. So make sure someone has it ready for you. That will keep it from embarrasing you when you have to pick the paper off sitting in front of the minister =P

Here you can see I held it high and paper on =/

8.) Up and down the isle
Give yourself time! Dont walk to fast. Talk with both your father and husband about how quick you are comfortable with walking. You are the one wearing a dress that restricts your movement. And as well walking slower will allow the guests to get more and better pictures. I myself had to tell my husband to slow down =P But my dad had done this befor and was perfect =)

9.) Doors =P
Make sure the door is wide enough so you can both walk in at the same time. If it isnt then agree that you enter and leave first. We almost got stuck ourselves cause the doors wasnt wide enough =P

10.) Welcome your guests
Alot of people will feel stupid lining up to welcome the guests as they arrive at the venue. But change your mindset, stand there and be proud newly weds =) Everyone will like to see the newly weds smiling faces as they arrive at the party.Feel free to have welcomedrinks ready after they have talked to the newly weds. Another thing is that not everyone will get to congratulate the newly weds at the church. Specially if it is a little cold and wet outside.So it is really nice to get to do that as soon as one arrives at the party. It makes them not have to run down the newly weds to get to do it =P


11.) Photographer
Tell your photographer what you want. Yeah yeah he knows how to take photos but you are the ones that know what you want. To me this is a little sore theme. As I felt our photographer was stressing to get it all out of the way and done with. I had pictured something different then what I got. But since I chose a private photographer I felt I couldnt demand things off him. It all became such stress that we didnt even get to do photos of us and the parents. Something that is really sad to me.

12.) Dress change
There is no shame in changing your dress. When the cake and coffee is over and the wedding dance is done you can change. It was a real pleassure to get out of my dress =P The dress was  beautiful and perfect for me. But it was tighter then a normal dress. It was actually first when I got my dress off I really felt how hungry I was =P I was soooo happy we had snacks and a midnight meal =P

13.) Photobucket
Make yourself a photobucket account. That way people can upload to it, and you get to collect all photos from the big day to keep forever =)

14.) Table decorations
My aunt mentioned that she liked to have low decorations on the table. And I have to say I am so happy I listened. Cause having low decorations made sure no one was sitting hidden behind a big flowerdecoration. And everyone could see eachother and have conversations =)

15.) Last but not least
Enjoy your day! This is a special day for you all. But remember there is a day to come too =P Specially if you have a venue that you have to clean and tidy the day after. It would be kinda uncool to have a major hangover then. We had a leftovers day the day after. Where anyone that wanted could come and have a leftover lunch with food, cake and coffee. And then we did the tidying and cleaning together. It was such a nice end to it all.

  • Any tips I have forgotten?
  • Was everything perfect on your day? Or did something go wrong?

♥ Hugs from Lilli ♥

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

♡♥♡ Thank you so much for reading and commenting ♡♥♡